HEALTH & SAFETY
At WPI Group, the health, safety and welfare of our employees and anyone else impacted by our works is of paramount importance and we are fully committed to maintaining the highest possible standards of health and safety.
Over the years, we’ve worked hard to create a culture where awareness of health and safety issues is at the forefront of our thinking in everything we plan or do.
We know that as well as supporting the primary aim of protecting everyone connected with our work, a positive health and safety culture also helps drive the long-term growth and success of our business.
As a Group we make a significant investment in terms of both finance and time to ensure that our workforce is always fully trained and competent to undertake their work safely.
- Our in-house Compliance and Health & Safety team are dedicated to providing expert support and guidance to the business on health and safety matters and to ensure that policies and procedures are always in place to ensure total legal compliance
- All WPI Group operatives hold a CSCS or CSCS affiliated scheme card and those operatives required to operate mobile plant and machinery hold either a CPCS or NPORS card
- We operate a robust health and safety inspection regime to monitor that policies and procedures are implemented effectively on site
- We currently hold the following safety schemes in procurement (SSIP) accreditation’s – SMAS work safe contractor. W.P.I. Civil Engineering are also members of the Considerate Constructors Scheme and Construction line
- We work closely with our clients, sharing ideas and best practice to constantly improve awareness and standards
The WPI Group is committed to ensuring that our works minimise any negative impact on the environment by putting in place sound environmental protection policies, by using recycled materials whenever possible and appropriate and by minimising waste.
Our Environmental Policy outlines our commitment to managing, monitoring and improving all the environmental aspects of our undertakings.